Administration of Cystistat® should be performed by a qualified healthcare professional who should instill the entire volume of this solution into the bladder after any residual urine has been removed.22
Cystistat® treatment has to be tailored individually and adapted according to the relief of the symptomatology.
Directions of use:
- Instill the entire volume of this solution into the bladder after any residual urine has been removed. Discard any unused portion
- For best results Cystistat® should be retained in the bladder for as long as possible (a minimum of 30 minutes)
Tips for instillation:
- Cystistat® is very easy to instill. Small-diameter catheters (e.g. 8 or 10 F), hydrophilic catheters are best suited.
- The intake of liquids 2 hours before the instillation, especially coffee, should be avoided.
- The patient should retain the solution for at least 30 minutes.
To alleviate cystitis associated with these conditions, it is recommended that Cystistat® be instilled into the bladder each week for 4 - 12 treatments and then monthly until symptoms resolve. The attending physician, urologist or radiologist should direct any prophylactic use of Cystistat®.
It is recommended in the package insert, that Cystistat® be instilled into the bladder each week for 4-12 treatments and then monthly until symptoms resolve.